POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Amapi is free : Re: Amapi is free Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amapi is free
From: Andreas Kreisig
Date: 17 Apr 2003 15:01:42
Message: <3e9efa16@news.povray.org>
Tom Melly wrote:

> So... what will Amapi allow me to do that I couldn't do with the SDL? (or
> at least not realistically).

I don't know Amapi (just tried it a view month ago) but generally a modeler
will allow you to make organic and / or realistic looking objects. You
can't do that with POV-Rays SDL. Most images posted at p.b.i are nice, some
are quite impressive, but none are really realistic. In my opinion the SDL
is not very well suited to build a scene. Not worth mentioning that this is
a very unnatural way to create something. So if you just want to create
some kind of 'interesting' images, SDL is okay. If your goal is realism,
you should forget it.
You mentioned to code realistic figures. There are lot's of other things you
can't really do with SDL.

--
http://www.render-zone.com